Rail Track maintenance and engineering
Type of Opportunity:: Education, Employment Skills, Traineeship

This is a 12 week traineeship where you will learn about working on the railway tracks and what this is like as a career. You will complete qualifications in rail track maintenance, math and English where relevant, employability skills and work experience. This will allow you to decide if this is the correct career path for you. Once you have completed the traineeship, you will be put forward for a medical with drugs and alcohol testing. Once you have passed this, you can be put forward for your PTS license. This is the license you need to work on the track. You need a sponsor for this, and we will provide the sponsor for you, When you have completed everything you are then able to be scheduled for shifts on the railway.

Application Closing Date: 02-Feb-2024
Open to?: Open to all
Places available : 32
Level of Education required:

No formal qualifications are required, however, you cannot have a level 4 qualification or above (university)

Special Requirements?: 16 Plus, 18 Plus
Any childcare provisions?: No
Lunch Provided?: No
Refreshments Provided: No
Travel Expenses Paid?: No
Additional information:

This is a full time programme Monday to Friday.
Work experience is required to be completed.
You must be able to pass a medical and the drugs and alcohol tests. (If you fail this , there is a 5 year wait before you can try again)
It is both classroom and practical sessions which have manual handling involved.

This is a 12 week full time programme, which will give you an insight to working on the rail tracks. There are recognised qualifications to be achieved along with work experience. It is an ideal way for you to decide if this is the correct career for you. You will be taught how to work safely on the tracks, and what is expected of you when working in his job role. At the end of the traineeship you will be invited for a medical along with a drugs and alcohol test, that you must pass before being put forward for the PTS. The PTS is the license that you need to work as an employee on the tracks and you need a sponsor for this. We will provide you with a sponsor, and put you through the PTS course.